New to Korean Cosmetics?
Get 10% off your first order!Use coupon ninikofirst10 on cart – don't forget to note it down :-) Get started with Niniko's
Product of the Week
Laneige BB Cushion
The 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine
1. Make-up Remover
First things first: Remove your makeup with an oil-cleanser. Oil-cleansers help you get rid of stubborn eye makeup, sebum and soot. Massage the oil-cleanser over your dry face and neck, then add some lukewarm water to emulsify. Massage again and rinse. Koreans believe that massaging their face increases the circulation, resulting in a brighter skin.
2. Water-based Cleanser
Now we get to the second part of the double cleanse, which is necessary to achieve a clean skin. Use a water-based cleanser to remove remaining dirt and impurities.
Time to exfoliate: carefully scrub dead skin away to achieve a soft and supple skin, like a baby's butt. Focus on the areas that could use some extra exfoliation, like enlarged pores on your cheeks or blackheads on your nose. It is enough to use facial scrubs 2-4 times a month. When it comes to exfoliation, most Korean women believe less is more.
After this intense cleaning session, your skin could use some toning. Toners soften, moisturize and prep your skin to better absorb essences and serums. They also restore your skin's pH level. Simply dispense your toner onto a cotton pad and gently wipe your whole face and neck.
tag #niniko to be featured!
- 30 0 Pamper with pure gold 💲🛀💲 Gold & Bubble #facemask brighten & smoothen your skin for that #youthfulglow. Shop now
- 47 1 Shine bright 💫✨ Get a healthy glow with this vibrant lip tint. Shop now
- 26 0 Sooo smooth & shiny! ✨💕 Repair your hair with this amazing oil! Shop now
- 16 0 Korea's No.1 first essence 💕💕 Improves uneven, dry & dull looking skin. Shop now
- 18 0 Beach vibes! 🌴✨ Enjoy the sun without worrying about sunburn or wrinkles. Shop now
- 36 2 The look of satisfaction💄💄💄…when your makeup stash looks like an episode on hoarders! #niniko
- 43 0 Get the K-Beauty LOOK ✨💕 1) Even, smooth & radiant skin 2) Full & defined eyebrows. Shop now
- 46 1 Different is beautiful 💕💕 Tag a friend! #niniko #beautyquotes
- 40 0 All about that youthful glow! ✨💕 Tightens, hydrates & brightens your skin. Shop now
- 15 0 How does your morning routine look like? 💄✨#niniko
- 33 0 Get rid of dry & dull looking skin 🙅 Use these bestsellers for a radiant & baby soft skin. Shop now
- 53 0 Get that super smooth & plumped up lips! 💋✨ Shop now
News from Niniko's Blog
Snail Creams - Do They Live Up to the Hype?
You must have heard about snail cream!? It's a huge trend in South Korea & Asia, and slowly making its way in the US & European market. But, you might think: Ugh gross! Well, read on & we are pretty sure that we can convince you that using this snail cream has lots of benefits for your skin ;-) And you might even have to admit that snail mucin is not gross as you thought!
Actually, there's nothing new about using snail mucin. In ancient Greece snail mucin was used to reduce skin inflammation. Meanwhile, in South America it was accidentally discovered by farmers carrying snails to France. They noticed that their hands have become smoother, softer & younger-looking.
Snail mucin is a slime or mucus produced by snails to protect their exposed body parts against UV rays, bacteria & wounds. It contains hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, elastin, anti-microbials, copper peptides & proteins. These elements reduce & brighten dark spots, blemishes & acne-scars. They also have anti-aging properties; they relax muscle fibers that play a big role in wrinkle production. read more