New to Korean Cosmetics?
Get 10% off your first order!Use coupon ninikofirst10 on cart – don't forget to note it down :-) Get started with Niniko's
Product of the Week
Laneige BB Cushion
The 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine
1. Make-up Remover
First things first: Remove your makeup with an oil-cleanser. Oil-cleansers help you get rid of stubborn eye makeup, sebum and soot. Massage the oil-cleanser over your dry face and neck, then add some lukewarm water to emulsify. Massage again and rinse. Koreans believe that massaging their face increases the circulation, resulting in a brighter skin.
2. Water-based Cleanser
Now we get to the second part of the double cleanse, which is necessary to achieve a clean skin. Use a water-based cleanser to remove remaining dirt and impurities.
Time to exfoliate: carefully scrub dead skin away to achieve a soft and supple skin, like a baby's butt. Focus on the areas that could use some extra exfoliation, like enlarged pores on your cheeks or blackheads on your nose. It is enough to use facial scrubs 2-4 times a month. When it comes to exfoliation, most Korean women believe less is more.
After this intense cleaning session, your skin could use some toning. Toners soften, moisturize and prep your skin to better absorb essences and serums. They also restore your skin's pH level. Simply dispense your toner onto a cotton pad and gently wipe your whole face and neck.
#Shop our Instagram
- 23 0 Find your shade! 👄👄👄 Your lips & cheeks but better with #PeriperaPerisTintWater. #niniko #MLBB #MCBB #beautiful #instagood #instadaily Shop now
- 42 3 Perfect #luminous skin ✨✨✨ This Laneige trio hydrates & renews your skin for the perfect #glowingskin that you've always wanted. #niniko #amazing #beautiful #instadaily Shop now
- 45 0 Girls with makeup 🐼🐼👧 Girls without makeup 🐻🐻🙍 Like if you agree that #makeupisLife ! Tag your #makeupjunkie friend. #niniko #makeuplover #makeupaddict
- 40 0 Flawless, #poreless & perfect 💯💯💯 This combo is your ticket to #greatskin. #niniko #beautiful #glowingskin #instadaily Shop now
- 78 1 Double tap for clear skin! 👌✨ With this set you're well on your way to clearer skin! Upload your own style gallery pic to any product on Niniko for a chance to be featured. #niniko #beautiful #clearskin #skincare Shop now
- 56 0 Healthy skin is Happy skin! 🐧🐧🐧 @ros3quartz_ loves the Etude House Missing U Hand Cream to soothe, soften & moisturize her skin. #niniko #happy #healthy #soft #beautifulskin Shop now
- 43 1 Just #peachy 🍑🍑🍑 Keep your hands soft as a peach with this #antiaging hand cream. Shop now
- 20 1 Beauty is pain 😿😿😿 But it doesn't always have to. #niniko #beautiful #skincare #Makeuplove #instadaily
- 30 0 Give your skin an instant glow 🙌✨ Fastest way to get your skin glowing! #niniko #beautiful #glowingskin #Makeuplook #instadaily Shop now
- 84 0 Lip love 👄💄✨ Protect, moisturize & soften your lips with the Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar. #niniko #soft #kissable #pink #lips #beautiful
- 31 1 Travel Essentials✈️💖✈️ Tag a friend who would never travel without her cushion foundation. Upload your own style gallery pic to any product on Niniko for a chance to be featured. #niniko #glowingskin #Makeupjunkie #Makeupaddict #Makeuplover : Shop now
- 30 0 Flawless skin in a flash 🐌🐌🐌 Heal & conceal acne & scars with this snail #moisturizer & #bbcream duo! #niniko #naturalskincare #glowingskin #beautifulskin Shop now
Snail Creams – Do They Live Up to the Hype?
You must have heard about snail cream!? It's a huge trend in South Korea & Asia, and slowly making its way in the US & European market. But, you might think: Ugh gross! Well, read on & we are pretty sure that we can convince you that using this snail cream has lots of benefits for your skin ;-) And you might even have to admit that snail mucin is not gross as you thought!
Actually, there's nothing new about using snail mucin. In ancient Greece snail mucin was used to reduce skin inflammation. Meanwhile, in South America it was accidentally discovered by farmers carrying snails to France. They noticed that their hands have become smoother, softer & younger-looking.
Snail mucin is a slime or mucus produced by snails to protect their exposed body parts against UV rays, bacteria & wounds. It contains hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, elastin, anti-microbials, copper peptides & proteins. These elements reduce & brighten dark spots, blemishes & acne-scars. They also have anti-aging properties; they relax muscle fibers that play a big role in wrinkle production. read more